SLP Podcast Ep 37 – Parent Coaching with Teach Speech - Kacy Wickerson MA, CCC-SLP
In this episode, we had the opportunity to explore the concept of parent coaching in speech therapy with our special guest--the CEO of Teach Speech LLC—Kacy Wickerson MA, CCC-SLP. Kacy showcased her incredible drive in giving back to the SLP community through her business, sharing advice on establishing a strong parental relationship, best practices for parent coaching success, being culturally responsive with parents, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
RSS Feed: https://feeds.simplecast.com/0Z0aoA1q
- Introduction to Kacy and her career journey (04:34);
- Kacy’s Teach Speech origin and mission (08:59);
- Establishing a strong relationship with parents (15:43);
- Common concerns from parents about their child’s treatment (23:58);
- Best practices for successful parent therapy involvement (26:46);
- Kacy’s Late Talking Toddler Accelerator Program (38:28);
- Being culturally responsive when working with parents (42:17);
- Growing and navigating your own business as an SLP (44:54);
- Kacy’s coaching program resources (47:28);
About Kacy Wickerson MA, CCC-SLP
Kacy Wickerson (of “KlassicKacy” on YouTube) is an ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist and Owner/CEO of Teach Speech LLC. During the second semester of her first year in grad school, she decided to pick up a camera and start telling her story. She created her YouTube channel “KlassicKacy” with hopes of connecting with her SLP community and inspiring SLPToBe’s to keep pushing through their journey.
Through her practice Teach Speech, she’s helped hundreds of parents understand communication development, why it is important, and how they can take an active role in improving communication under their own roof.
She does this through Teach Speech courses, and her signature intimate coaching programs that offer guided support for parents to strengthen the child’s speech and language skills right in the comfort of their own home.
When she’s not educating parents and inspiring SLPs, you can find her watching YouTube videos, playing with her Goldendoodle Kash, or catching up on audiobooks.