SLP Podcast Ep 34 – Working With Pediatric Deaf and Hard of Hearing Clients – Wendy Deters MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert AVEd with Tatum Fritz MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert AVT
In this episode, we speak with two SLPs who are making an impact in Early Intervention Spoken Language treatment with deaf and hard of hearing children with their program, Child’s Voice. Wendy Deters MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert AVEd & Tatum Fritz MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert AVT, give us a glimpse into their world—discussing the EI treatment process, ASL vs. Spoken Language learning modalities, amplification devices, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
RSS Feed: https://feeds.simplecast.com/0Z0aoA1q
- Introduction to Wendy and Tatum and their career journeys (01:04);
- A typical workday at an EI spoken language program in a school (07:11);
- The EI treatment process for deaf and hard of hearing clients (15:15);
- ASL vs. Spoken language modalities (22:25);
- Using amplification devices with EI clients (31:26);
- Advice for public school SLPs with deaf and hard of hearing students (40:31);
About Wendy Deters MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert AVEd & Tatum Fritz MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS Cert AVT
Wendy and Tatum work together with the pediatric population, specializing in early intervention for deaf and hard of hearing children through Child’s Voice – a program in Chicago, IN, working to provide children with hearing loss the opportunity to listen and speak again.