Ep. 64 - Recovering from Burnout & Empowering SLPs - Angie Merced MA, CCC-SLP
On this episode, we broke down the issue of burnout and outlined ways to empower SLPs. Special guest, Angie Merced MA, CCC-SLP, joined us to discuss what burnout looks like for most people, the importance of a healthy work-life balance, combatting burnout for experienced clinicians, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Introduction Shenanigans
- (3:45) How Did Angie Get Started
- (11:09) What Does Burnout Look Like for Most People?
- (16:00) Work-Life Balance
- (21:08) Is Burnout More Rampant in Certain Fields?
- (29:49) How Can New Grad SLPs Avoid Burnout?
- (36:05) How to Combat Burnout for Experienced Clinicians
- (39:25) How Does a Life Coach Help
- (49:13) Who Does Angie Typically Work With
- (1:02:22) How to Get Started Working with Angie
About Angie Merced MA, CCC-SLP
Angie is a Certified Life Coach and school-based Speech-Language Pathologist. She lives with her husband and two little girls in Rochester NY. Her passion is to eliminate burnout culture in our field, empower SLPs who feel overwhelmed, overworked, and trapped in a career they're "supposed" to love, and show her clients how to reclaim their energy, create more time and generate resources. Her mission is to help smart SLPs do less, be more, and thrive with joy in the life they have. She emphatically believes THAT is the key to the survival and future of our field.
Find Us On
Website - https://www.medtravelers.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/slpfulldisclosure/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Apple Podcasts – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosureapple
Spotify – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosurespotify
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers