Ep. 54 – Push-In Therapy with the Dabbling Speechie – Felice J. Clark MS, CCC-SLP
On this episode, we brought in the Dabbling Speechie to dive into push-in speech therapy in schools. Special guest, Felice J. Clark MS, CCC-SLP, shared her wisdom about effectively pushing into the classroom, discussing the collaborative functions of push-in therapy, building trust with teachers, push-in activity ideas, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Show introduction and Felice’s career background
- (8:43) Understanding the collaborative functions of push-in therapy
- (16:10) Knowing when to use push-in therapy vs. pull-out therapy
- (21:31) Building trust with teachers for push-in therapy
- (33:54) Push-In Therapy activity Ideas for school SLPs
- (46:07) Planning push-in therapy with aides and support staff
- (49:26) Finding inspiration for push-in therapy activities
- (52:17) What’s next for Felice?
About Felice J. Clark MS, CCC-SLP
Felice has been working as a school-based speech pathologist since January 2007. She is the owner and author of the website, The Dabbling Speechie, and the podcast, Real Talk SLP. Felice has experience working with preschool to high school-aged students—specializing in articulation, language, and social pragmatic disorders in the elementary and middle school settings. She has presented at both her state and national speech and language association conventions and has a passion for sharing practical therapy ideas, strategies, and resources that align with current research and engage students in their learning.
Where to Find Felice Online:
Find Us On
Website - https://www.medtravelers.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/slpfulldisclosure/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Apple Podcasts – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosureapple
Spotify – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosurespotify
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers