SLP Podcast Ep 45 – Teletherapy Resources with BVG SLP – Belinda V. Givens MA, CCC-SLP
On this episode, we had the chance to speak with a very special guest, Belinda Givens MA, CCC-SLP, about teletherapy and creating proprietary teletherapy materials for speech therapy. As a creator for years, Belinda shared her wisdom on brainstorming ideas for teletherapy activities, the teletherapy materials creation process, advice for new teletherapists, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- 0:00 Introduction to Belinda and her career background
- 12:25 Belinda’s introduction to teletherapy
- 19:23 Belinda’s inspiration to start creating her own teletherapy materials
- 24:39 The learning process for creating your own teletherapy materials
- 26:15 Brainstorming ideas for teletherapy materials
- 30:09 What goes into creating a new teletherapy activity
- 36:51 Getting started with creating your own teletherapy materials
- 42:25 Belinda’s personal and professional evolution as an SLP
- 46:13 Advice for new SLP teletherapists
- 51:43 Belinda’s goals for the future
About Belinda V. Givens MA, CCC-SLP
Belinda has been an American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) certified Speech-Language Pathologist for 14 years. She has spent the past five years working as a teletherapist with school-aged children. She is a member of ASHA’s Special Interest Group for Telepractice (SIG 18) and is a proud recipient of ASHA’s ACE Award for 2019.
Belinda earned her M.A. from the University of Central Florida and obtained an endorsement in Reading while studying for her master’s degree. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with a minor in Education from Florida State University. She is the creator and owner of BVG SLP which specializes in creating digital speech, language, and literacy resources for use within teletherapy platforms or face-to-face therapy. She is passionate about literacy and has written three children’s books. When she is not working, Belinda is the mother of three amazing young boys and the proud wife to her awesome husband. She currently resides with her family in Central Florida.
To learn more about Belinda’s books and resources visit:
- Her Website
- Her Teachers Pay Teachers Store
- Her Boom Learning Store
- Her Instagram
Find Us On
Website - https://www.medtravelers.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/slpfulldisclosure/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Apple Podcasts – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosureapple
Spotify – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosurespotify
About the Show
Producer – Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producer – Katie Schrauben
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing – Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers