Ep. 78 - How to Get Started with Travel Therapy - Julia Kuhn
Travel therapy guru, Julia Kuhn, MS CCC-SLP, joins us on this episode to deep dive into everything travel therapy! We discuss how to decide on a travel company, find housing, meet friends, pros and cons, and more!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
EPISODE SPONSOR – AMN PASSPORT
Easily Find, Book, and Manage Your Travel SLP Assignments at https://www.amnpassport.com
- (0:00) Introduction
- (2:37) Julia’s professional journey
- (9:43) What to look for in a travel therapy company
- (13:50) Doing your first assignment closer to home
- (17:36) The most challenging parts of being a travel therapist
- (21:10) How to find housing
- (23:25) How to meet people when traveling
- (29:17) The pros of travel therapy
- (34:19) The cons of travel therapy
- (36:20) Starting travel therapy as a new grad
- (40:00) How travel changed Julia’s professional trajectory
- (44:20) Advice to someone wanting to do travel therapy
ABOUT THE GUEST
Julia Kuhn, MS CCC-SLP is a speech-language pathologist who's living her best life of adventure and freedom thanks to travel therapy. Since 2010, she's been gallivanting around the United States for 13-week stretches at a time, giving new meaning to the phrase "work hard, play hard". When she's not busy being an SLP or relaxing at her home base in the paradise of Hawaii, she's teaching others how to live the dream life through her business, The Traveling Traveler.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetravelingtraveler_/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@juliakuhnslp?
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9se4gVD02fQq1rboppwOKg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thetravelingtravelerslp
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/thetravelingtraveler/
- Website: https://www.thetravelingtraveler.com/
About the Show
Host - Jennifer Martin
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers