Ep. 76 - An SLP’s Guide to Working in Early Intervention
In this episode, Jennifer shares her top tips from her years of experience working in early intervention. She discusses handling autonomy, being a good communicator, energy levels, creativity, and more!
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Introduction
- (2:25) Jennifer’s Background
- (4:19) Find Out How the EI System Works in Your State
- (9:28) How Large is the Service You Will Be Serving
- (14:08) Handling Autonomy
- (18:08) Being Flexible and Adaptable
- (22:00) How To Be a Good Communicator
- (24:57) Breaking Down Hourly Rate into Total Time
- (28:04) Must Like Working With Parents
- (32:00) Energy Level
- (33:50) Creativity is Key
Laura Mize resources: https://teachmetotalk.com/
About the Show
Host - Jennifer Martin
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Music - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers