Ep. 57 – Early Intervention & Play Based Therapy - Tiffany Vuong MS, CCC-SLP
On this episode, we discussed early intervention and play-based therapy with an SLP who knows how to connect with the children she works with. Special guest, Tiffany Vuong MS, CCC-SLP, details her journey to working in early intervention, the important role of play-based therapy with children, incorporating parents and caregivers into therapy sessions, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Show introduction and Tiffany’s career background
- (12:12) Pursuing early intervention speech therapy
- (18:39) The important role of play-based speech therapy with children
- (22:35) The benefits of early intervention for speech and language disorders
- (28:57) Understanding play-based speech therapy
- (34:01) Incorporating routines into early intervention speech therapy
- (35:41) Adapting when a child is not engaging in therapy
- (39:07) Incorporating parents and caregivers into therapy sessions
- (46:38) Resources for early intervention SLPs
About Tiffany Vuong MS, CCC-SLP
Tiffany is a Speech-Language Pathologist who specializes in early intervention for children between birth and age 3. She works closely with parents to increase their children’s communication skills, which ultimately creates a more harmonious family life at home. Tiffany is also the creator of Talk Tea Speech, which is a brand that raises awareness for early intervention and overall wellness for parents & SLPs! You can find her on all social media platforms at @TalkTeaSpeech and her website talkteaspeech.com.
Find Us On
Website - https://www.medtravelers.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/slpfulldisclosure/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Apple Podcasts – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosureapple
Spotify – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosurespotify
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers