Ep. 55 – Unlocking the Superpowers of Preschoolers - Chanel Blaylock MS, CCC-SLP
On this episode, we had the opportunity to speak with a private practice SLP all about working with preschoolers. Special guest, Chanel Blaylock MS, CCC-SLP, taught us to bring out our inner child, discussing working with preschoolers vs. other age groups, preschooler speech therapy activity ideas, involving caregivers in speech therapy, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Show introduction and Chanel’s career background
- (9:27) Working with preschoolers vs. other age groups
- (12:22) Transitioning to private practice as an SLP
- (14:17) A Day in the life of a private practice SLP
- (21:36) Activity ideas for speech therapy with preschoolers
- (27:43) Implementing a reward system with preschoolers
- (34:03) Incorporating caregivers into speech therapy with preschoolers
- (42:30) Mentoring new SLPs in the field
- (45:43) What’s next for Chanel?
About Chanel Blaylock MS, CCC-SLP
Chanel is the owner and leading speech pathologist at The Speech Boutique. Chanel’s passion is to help preschoolers unlock their speaking superpowers! Chanel is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she received both her bachelor's and master’s degrees in Speech and Hearing Science. Before starting her entrepreneur journey with The Speech Boutique, Chanel spent five years working in various school systems in the Raleigh North Carolina, Dallas, Texas, and Washington DC areas as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
Where to Find Chanel Online:
Find Us On
Website - https://www.medtravelers.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/slpfulldisclosure/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/slpfulldisclosure/
Apple Podcasts – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosureapple
Spotify – http://bit.ly/slpfulldisclosurespotify
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producers – Katie Schrauben & Sam MacKay
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers