Ep. 41 – The Best Way to Explore National Parks While Traveling - Karlee Valley, DPT
On this episode, we took a tour of America’s national parks with one of our very own Med Travelers PTs! Special guest, Karlee Valley, DPT, brought us along on her journey to explore every single park—offering incredible insights into hiking and camping, her three favorite parks (so far), where she’s off to next, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
RSS Feed: https://feeds.simplecast.com/0Z0aoA1q
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Show introduction and Karlee’s travel career background
- (9:42) Karlee’s flood experience while living in a camper
- (15:05) Finding travel work during COVID
- (16:35) Exploring national parks during COVID
- (19:50) Karlee’s favorite national parks
- (20:42) Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- (23:48) Finding camping around national parks
- (28:21) Hiking & Sightseeing in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- (33:27) Sequoia National Park
- (46:26) Channel Islands National Park
- (56:31) Packing essentials for the Channel Islands
- (58:55) Commemorating each national park visit
- (01:01:06) Karlee’s next national park visits
About Karlee Valley, DPT
Karlee is a travel PT, currently in Juneau, Alaska, and originally from Michigan. She travels alongside her fiancé, Ian, who is also a PT. She has taken assignments in Arizona, California, and Alaska. She spends the majority of her time road-tripping and outdoors, exploring the extensive national park system throughout the US. To keep track of Karlee’s amazing adventures, be sure to follow her on Instagram!
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producer – Katie Schrauben
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers