Ep. 40 – Traveling Between Contracts, Buying a Home, and More! - Carly Larson, MOT, OTR/L
On this episode, we got to talking about a whole bunch of travel topics with our special guest, Carly Larson, MOT, OTR/L, as she took us through her personal travel therapy journey. Carly was excited to share how travel changed her life, her unique experiences while traveling all over between assignments, the travel therapist’s home buying experience, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
RSS Feed: https://feeds.simplecast.com/0Z0aoA1q
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Show introduction and Carly’s bio
- (2:06) Carly’s travel therapy journey
- (4:16) How travel changed Carly’s lifestyle
- (7:22) Finding the best hikes
- (8:16) Special experiences from traveling the country
- (11:16) Traveling abroad between assignments
- (12:27) Arranging time off between assignments
- (13:37) Living in Joshua Tree
- (14:42) Buying a house as a travel therapist
- (20:15) Transitioning between settings as a travel therapist
About Carly Larson, MOT, OTR/L
Carly has been an occupational therapist for 4 years, traveling for about 2 of those years. She has worked mainly with pediatric and geriatric populations in several different settings. After a travel contract brought her to Montana, she decided to settle down on stay for a while, though looks forward to traveling again in the future. Carly is an avid hiker, skier, hobby photographer, and lives with her husband and 10-month-old puppy in the mountains
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producer – Katie Schrauben
Show Notes – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers