Ep. 44 – Travel Therapy as a New Grad & Advice for Traveling with a Pet - Morgan Lauchnor, OTR/L
On this episode, we had a fun and informative conversation with a travel OT who has been accompanied on the road by her furry friend! Special guest, Morgan Lauchnor, OTR/L, looked back to the beginning of her travel career and brought us through her journey, sharing her experience traveling as a new grad in Ashland, Oregon, her decision to bring her puppy, Zoe, into her life, pet advice for other travelers to keep in mind, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
RSS Feed: https://feeds.simplecast.com/0Z0aoA1q
This show is made possible by Med Travelers. If you’re interested in exploring a career in allied travel, visit: https://www.medtravelers.com/getting-started/become-an-allied-traveler/ to learn more about the nationwide opportunities they have to offer!
- (0:00) Show introduction and Morgan’s career background
- (8:42) Morgan’s first travel therapy assignment
- (10:47) Advice for new grads to know before their first assignment
- (15:32) Establishing travel therapy career goals
- (19:43) Traveling in Ashland, Oregon
- (24:15) Deciding to get a dog as a travel therapist
- (27:58) Raising a new puppy as a travel therapist
- (34:04) Making pet arrangements for each travel therapy assignment
- (39:26) Additional advice for travel therapy with pets
About Morgan Lauchnor, OTR/L
Morgan has been a traveling occupational therapist for just under 2 years, starting right as a new grad and moving from PA to the west coast so she could live out her dream of seeing the country and all that it has to offer while working her dream job. She’s been on 5 assignments in SNFs, from OR to CA, to TX, and NC and is planting some temporary roots in Asheville so she can get some inpatient/outpatient/home health experience working PRN for a hospital network. She travels with her mini-Aussie pup Zoey who has been the best adventure buddy. To continue following along on their adventures, make sure to check out her Instagram!
About the Show
Producer - Jonathan Cary
Assistant Producer – Katie Schrauben
Assistant Producer – Sam MacKay
Music & Editing - Aidan Dykes
Powered by Med Travelers