Ask A Travel Therapist with Melissa Jones MS, CCC-SLP
For Better Hearing and Speech Month #BHSM, we had our Clinical Director, SLP Mentor, and former travel therapist, Melissa Jones MS, CCC-SLP, answer any and all questions about travel therapy.
We asked people to use #AskATravelTherapist or email Melissa directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their thoughts, concerns, myths, and questions. The response to the Ask A Travel Therapist initiative was awesome and we appreciate all of you who contributed to the conversation!
A few the questions that were posed included:
- My professor said I should go perm for 1-2 years before considering travel, what do you think?
- By how much do the lengths of assignments vary? And what all does that depend on?
- What is the average pay per assignment? How consistent is the pay from assignment to assignment? And what does that depend on?
- Unless you have a family or are unwilling to travel, what are some cons of being a travel therapist? I can’t think of any, it almost seems too good to be true!
- What happens to housing arrangements and other benefits between assignments?
To get everyone the information they’re seeking, we recorded Melissa’s responses to the above questions and more. Check out the #AskATravelTherapist response video below and share it with anyone you think it may help!