Guide: Why You Should Consider Being a School-Based SLP
We put together a very simple and brief infographic highlighting some reasons why you should consider being a school-based SLP. Some of these reasons are factual while others subjective to opinion. If you’re considering a move to a school setting, or you already are in a <school therapy job> and looking for a <travel SLP job>, then you should contact us and speak to a recruiter.
Also note, that some of these statistics are subject to job location and availability.
Reason 1: Job Satisfaction
- Work with children on a daily basis
- Wide range of disability to serve
- Benefit to society and great fulfillment
Reason 2: Summers off / 185 Work year to:
- Spend time with family & friends
- Travel, travel, travel
Reason 3: Salary
- Travel pay is more than permanent pay (and that applies to school-based travel SLP jobs)
- Competitive pay vs healthcare based
Reason 4: Positive Job Outlook
23% Job Growth Expected