Travel Therapy State Guide: Arizona
Posted by <Kate Hawes>
Our traveler Shayna Fillipo (SLP) has put together her top 8 must-see spots in Arizona! Shanya takes some amazing photographs so make sure to check her out on Instagram and follow her journeys!
1. Most memorable hike: 20-mile roundtrip hike to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon. Located on Havasupai Reservation, hikers will need to make a reservation online first for this memorable overnight hike.
2. Favorite weekend getaway: Head to Page, AZ. You can’t go wrong with Powell Lake for boating and kayaking, Antelope Canyon for the famous photo op, and Horseshoe Bend for unique hiking – all in Page!
3. Something that might surprise you: Being able to see logs that are over a million years old at Petrified Forest National Park. Walking through this park offers you sights of fossils, wildflowers, ancient petroglyphs, and more.
4. Unique experience: Attending the Ostrich Festival in Chandler, where the local ostrich farms have ostrich racing. The festival stems from the town’s history of ostrich ranching. You can also enjoy a parade, music, arts and crafts, and all the other fixings of a great festival.
5. Picture perfect view: Anywhere in Sedona – but the view at the top of Cathedral Rock is especially picture-perfect, with unique sandstone formations framing your view on the Sedona skyline.
6. For the history buffs: Go to Canyon De Chelly National Monument in the heart of Navajo Nation. The Navajo, still to this day, live on the canyon floor.
7. Unforgettable overnight stay: You can rent a Navajo Hogan, a traditional Navajo dwelling, on AirBnB!
Now that you have your Arizona itinerary, check out our open jobs in AZ!
Have any more Arizona must-see suggestions? Drop us a line below in the comments.
Emily Marshall, MS CCC-SLP also contributed to and edited this article.