What Does a MRI Tech Do?
Travel MRI Techs are highly skilled diagnosticians with the freedom to travel and serve patients in diverse locations, ensuring access to diagnostic services. As you travel from one facility to the next you will encounter unique challenges equipping you to think and adapt quickly. You'll have the chance to collaborate with different healthcare teams, adapt to varying equipment, and enjoy the adventure that each city has to offer.
Job Requirements for MRI Tech Jobs
- Administers dye to patients prior to internal imaging to be used by physicians in diagnosis.
- Maintains and operates MRI machine and equipment, including troubleshooting and scheduling repairs
- Meets with the patient to discuss medical history, answer questions, and calm concerns
- Reviews patient’s medical chart for the history of metal devices placed in the body
- Fits patients with appropriate safety materials and administers dye prior to scan
- Scans patient with MRI machine as outlined by leading medical team and/or hiring facility